This course is delivered as a traineeship and is designed for those currently working within the Home Care Industry.
Our Certificate III in Home and Community Care is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills to assist you to carry out your role as a support worker within the home and community setting. Occupation titles may include, but are not limited to; community support worker, care assistant, home cares worker and personal care assistant.
You will gain the knowledge and skills required to further assist clients in their everyday lives within a home and community setting enabling you to carry out activities such as maintenance of personal care, gaining a better understanding of care plans to assist you carry out the activities related to them and delivering care services using a palliative approach, amongst other skills.
Our traineeship courses reflect the needs of a home and community care support worker currently working within the home and community setting by providing training and assessment practices in your workplace while you continue working. Our experienced trainers and assessors will visit you regularly to assist you in your course and offer guidance and training.
The units required to complete this qualification consist of core and elective units as follows;
- CHCWHS312A - Follow WHS safety procedures for direct care work
- CHCICS301B - Provide support to meet personal care needs
- CHCICS304B - Work effectively with carers
- CHCDIS301C - Work effectively with people with a disability
- CHCAC319A - Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCAC318B - Work effectively with older people
- CHCICS302B - Participate in the implementation of individualised plans
- CHCHC311C - Work effectively in home and community care
- CHCCS411C - Work effectively in the community sector
- CHCICS306B - Provide basic foot skin and nail care
- CHCPA301B - Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- HLTAP301B - Recognise healthy body systems in a health care context
- HLTHIR403C - Work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers
- HLTAID003 - Provide First Aid
- Australian citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must not have completed any prior qualifications at a Certificate III or higher
- Must be able to work a minimum of 15 hours paid work in the Home and Community Industry for the duration of the traineeship.
Course duration: 6 - 24 months
Students will need to be able to obtain or successfully complete the following to complete the course;
- A CLEAR National Police Clearance that is less than 12 months old for the duration of the course (Application forms are available at participating Australia Post outlets or online. Once complete, present the form along with the application fee and 100 points of identification to any participating Australia Post outlet).
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment
- Photo I.D. (Australian Driver’s License/ Proof of Age Card or Passport)
- Unique Student Identifier (USI), visit http://www.usi.gov.au.
Call us on (08) 9427 7518 to speak to one of our friendly advisers.