Certificate IV in Aged Care (CHC40108)
Nationally Recognised Training
This course is delivered as a traineeship and is designed for those currently working within the Aged Care Industry.
The Certificate IV in Aged Care is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills to advance your career into a more supervisory role. Occupation titles may include, but are not limited to; care supervisor, care team leader and assistant hostel supervisor.
To enrol for this course there is a requirement that you have already have competencies against certain core units of a Certificate III in Aged Care. Our experienced and friendly staff will advise you of your best options.
You will learn the knowledge and skills required to assist the elderly in their everyday lives as well as supervise and/or coordinate a limited number of workers. You will be gaining knowledge and skills to enable you to implement interventions for clients at risk of falls, facilitate links with other services, provide services to older people with complex needs and coordinate information systems and more.
Our traineeship courses reflect the needs of an aged care support worker currently working within the aged care setting by providing training and assessment practices in your workplace while you continue working. Our experienced trainers & assessors will visit you regularly to assist you in your course and offer guidance and training.
The units required to complete this qualification consist of core and elective units as follows;
- CHCICS401B - Facilitate support for personal care needs
- CHCICS402B - Facilitate individualised plans
- CHCAC417A - Implement interventions with older people at risk of falls
- CHCAC416A - Facilitate support responsive to the specific nature of dementia
- CHCAC412B - Provide services to older people with complex needs
- CHCNET404B - Facilitate links with other services
- CHCAD401D - Advocate for clients
- CHCORG406C - Supervise work
- CHCCS400C - Work within a relevant legal and ethical framework
- CHCINF403E - Coordinate information systems
- CHCWHS312A - Follow WHS safety procedures for direct care work
- HLTHIR403C - Work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers
- CHCPA402B - Plan for and provide care services using a palliative approach
- CHCDIS301C - Work effectively with people with a disability
- CHCCS305C - Assist clients with medication
- Australian citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must already have competencies against certain core units of a Certificate III in Aged Care.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 15 hours paid work in the Aged Care Industry for the duration of the traineeship.
Course duration: 6 - 24 months
Students will need to be able to obtain or successfully complete the following to complete the course;
- A CLEAR National Police Clearance that is less than 12 months old for the duration of the course (Application forms are available at participating Australia Post outlets or online. Once complete, present the form along with the application fee and 100 points of identification to any participating Australia Post outlet).
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment
- Photo I.D. (Australian Driver’s License/ Proof of Age Card or Passport)
- Unique Student Identifier (USI), visit http://www.usi.gov.au.
Call us on (08) 9427 7518 to speak to one of our friendly advisers.