Please click here for enrolment details
Nationally Recognised Training
Our Certificate III in Aged Care course prepares you to carry out activities to maintain personal care and/or other activities of living for people in aged care facilities, for people in their own homes and in other community settings.
Through our Cert III Aged Care course, you will learn the knowledge and skills required to assist the elderly in their everyday lives. You will gain hands-on experience that enables you to provide personal care, assist with mobility needs, identify and report hazards, all with the use of all relevant industry equipment and documentation and experienced trainers/ assessors.
Our aged care courses are very interactive, hands-on and the most fun in Perth! They reflect the needs of an aged care support worker by providing a holistic approach to training using everyday examples, demonstrations and practical experience to assist your understanding.
Our experienced trainers / assessors will guide you through everything you need to learn to work within the aged care industry, from Work Health and Safety Legislation through to caring for someone receiving Palliative care.
By attending a Cert III in aged care at Flex Training Services, you will complete three weeks of practical work experience in an aged care facility in Perth, helping you to gain valuable training in a real workplace and allowing you to practice your newly gained knowledge and skills. .
The Cert III in aged care course also includes a free " work ready" workshop designed at providing you will the knowledge and tools to gain employment within the health industry as well as the following Certificates;
- Provide First Aid HLTAID003 (valid for 3 years)
- Manual Handling (valid for 12 months)
It is a requirement of this course to complete a language, literacy & numeracy test upon enrolment and provide a clear National Police Clearance.
Change your career and be work ready in as little as 6.5 weeks by completing your Cert 3 in Aged Care at Flex Training Services!
The units required to complete the qualification of this aged care course consist of core and elective units as follows;
- CHCWHS312A - Follow WHS safety procedures for direct care work
- CHCICS301B - Provide support to meet personal care needs
- CHCAC319A - Provide support to people living with dementia
- HLTAP301B - Recognise healthy body systems in a health care context
- CHCAC318B - Work effectively with older people
- CHCICS302B - Participate in the implementation of individualized plans
- CHCPA301B - Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- CHCICS303A - Support individual health and emotional well being
- CHCAC317A - Support older people to maintain their independence
- CHCCS411C - Work effectively in the community sector
- CHCICS306B - Provide basic foot skin and nail care
- CHCDIS301C - Work effectively with people with a disability
- HLTHIR403C - Work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers
- HLTAID003 - Provide First Aid
Full Time Course
Duration: 6 weeks (3 weeks Theory and 3 weeks Practical) + 3 days First Aid Training and Assessments
Class times: 8:30am - 3:30pm Monday to Friday
Practical Work Experience: 7:00am - 3:00pm
Students will need to be able to obtain or successfully complete the following to complete the course;
- A CLEAR National Police Clearance that is less than 12 months old for the duration of the course (Application forms are available at participating Australia Post outlets or online. Once complete, present the form along with the application fee and 100 points of identification to any participating Australia Post outlet).
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment
- Photo I.D. (Australian Driver’s License/ Proof of Age Card or Passport)
- Unique Student Identifier (USI), visit http://www.usi.gov.au.
*Government Funding is also available for eligible candidates*
Call us on (08) 9427 7518 to speak to one of our friendly advisers to book your aged care training.