Please click here for enrolment details
Nationally Recognised Training
Our Certificate III in Health Services Assistance course prepares you to carry out activities to provide assistance to Health Care Professionals for a wide range of occupations including, but not limited to; nursing assistant, patient support assistant, orderly and ward support.
Through our health services assistant course, you will learn the knowledge and skills required to assist clients and health care industry staff in the health setting. You will be gaining hands-on experience to enable you to provide personal care, assist with mobility needs, identify and report hazards, and use correct infection control procedures with the use of all relevant industry equipment and documentation.
Our courses are very interactive, fun and hands-on. The health services assistant course reflect the needs of a Health Services Assistance worker by providing a holistic approach to training using everyday examples, demonstrations and practical experience to assist your understanding.
Our experienced trainers / assessors will guide you through everything you need to learn to work within a hospital and the health care industry, from preparation and cleaning of hospital beds through to Work Health and Safety Legislation.
As part of your Health Service Assistance course, you will complete three weeks of practical work experience in an aged care facility in Perth, helping you gain valuable training in a real workplace allowing you to practice and use your newly gained knowledge and skills enabling you to gain real life experiences for yourself.
This health services assistant course also includes the following Certificates;
- Provide First Aid HLTAID003 (valid for 3 years)
- Observations (valid for 12 months)
- Manual Handling (valid for 12 months)
It is a requirement of this course to complete a language, literacy & numeracy test upon enrolment and provide a CLEAR National Police Clearance.
Change your career and be work ready in as little as 6.5 weeks by completing a Certificate III in Health Services Assistance at Flex Training Services!
The units required to complete this qualification consist of core and elective units as follows;
- HLTHIR301C - Communicate and work effectively in health
- HLTIN301C - Comply with infection control policies and procedures
- HLTWHS200A - Participate in the WHS process
- BSBFLM303 - Contribute to effective work place relationships
- BSBMED301 - Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- HLTAP301B - Recognise healthy body systems in a health care context
Duration: 6 weeks (3 weeks Theory and 3 weeks Practical) + 3 days First Aid Training and Assessments
Class times: 8:30am - 3:30pm Monday to Friday
Practical Work Experience: 7:00am-3:00pm
Next Start Date: Monday 1st February 2016
- HLTCSD306D - Respond effectively to behaviours of concern
- HLTHIR403C - Work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers
- HLTCSD305D - Assist with client movement
- HLTCSD208D - Transport Clients
- HLTMS208D - Handle waste in a health care environment
- CHCICS301B - Provide support to meet personal care needs
- HLTMS206D - Perform general cleaning tasks in a clinical setting
- HLTCSD203D - Prepare and maintain beds
- HLTAID003 - Provide First Aid
Students will need to be able to obtain or successfully complete the following to complete the course;
- A CLEAR National Police Clearance that is less than 12 months old for the duration of the course (Application forms are available at participating Australia Post outlets or online. Once complete, present the form along with the application fee and 100 points of identification to any participating Australia Post outlet).
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment
- Photo I.D. (Australian Driver’s License/ Proof of Age Card or Passport)
- Unique Student Identifier (USI), visit http://www.usi.gov.au.
*Government Funding is also available for eligible candidates*
Call us on (08) 9427 7518 to speak to one of our friendly advisers for more information regarding the health services assistant course.